FINANCE DIRECTOR | JOB DESCRIPTION
Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct by Wits University aims to create world-class African digital entrepreneurs through enterprise and digital skills development. As a digital innovation ecosystem, we collaborate with academia, corporates and government to grow the digital economy by developing a pipeline of employable and entrepreneurial digital skills.
This role is intended to provide financial oversight and support to the CEO and Senior Management Team. The incumbent is expected to bring a keen eye to developing systems and processes to ensure best practice in budgeting, financial policies and forecasting across the organisation. The ideal candidate should thrive in a competitive, performance driven culture aligned to the vision of Tshimologong Precinct. The candidate should have a proven track record at overcoming challenges, documenting achievements, and quantifying results.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepare the organisations annual, including departmental budgets as well as quarterly variances
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the senior management team, financial accounts for board meetings and annual financial accounts for auditing purposes
- Maintaining accurate and up to date financial records and ensuring that income is maximised
- Prepare and monitoring cash-flow forecast
- Prepare and maintain budgets for the organisation
- Advise on the preparation of project and business unit budgets
- Overall responsibility for the effective and efficient running of finance of the organisation
- Review and develop effective internal controls
- Ensure tax compliance with SARS
- Provide financial modelling expertise to project development and due diligence
- Reconcile and balance all accounts
- Draw up financial statements (Trial Balance, Income Statement, Balance Sheet)
- Collate and analyse account data and generate financial reports
- Track and maintain inventory records
- Maintain internal control systems
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare payments and bank deposits
- Prepare and process payroll
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Calculate and prepare tax payments
- At least five years experience in finance management
- Relevant accountancy qualifications or appropriate experience
- Experience in staff management
- Team player and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate interest in income generation and securing funding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Dynamic approach to work with efficient work methods
- Organised, methodical and logical thinker
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex issues and work under pressure
- Clear understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
- A strong commitment to the aims and objectives Tshimologong Precinct
Send your CV, including 3 references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th October 2021. Successful candidates will be interviewed to start on 01 November 2021, or as soon as possible.
Your cover letter should include:
- Why are you interested in the position?
- The experience and skills you have to fulfil the position
- Do you engage in activities within or outside your work that goes beyond your core finance function? If so, please share.
- What inspires you?