We empower young, innovative people to become employable, self-employed or start their own enterprises.
We do this by providing them access to collaborative making, training, upskilling and experimentation underpinned by knowledge and applications in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The Makerspace promotes and enables access to innovation through collaborative making, training, upskilling and experimentation / purposeful play (R&D). We are Makers specializing in digital Tech solutions.
Skills Development Workshops
The workshops promote an innovation mindset amongst the youth through practical skills development. In order to meet the objectives, the Tshimologong Makerspace (TMG) has designed a series of half-day or full-day workshops that foster interest in core 4IR technologies and support digital and industrial prototyping and fabrication.
DIGITAL FABRICATION APPRENTICESHIP
The 6 or 12 months apprenticeship programme focuses on the fundamentals and applications of Digital Fabrication (CAD Design, 3D Printing, and Laser Cutting), Internet of Things, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science and Visualization. Training will align with the current skills gaps being experienced by industry, but also prepare participants for the future of work.
Learning Outcome of the Apprenticeship
- Develop the interest of participants in emerging or 4IR Technologies.
- Upskill and capacitate South African Youth in Emerging Technologies.
- Train the youth in emerging digital technologies and empower them to be employable, self-employed or start their own enterprises.
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset in participants.
- Participants to gain workplace-relevant skills and mentorship
- Participants will also learn Creativity and Problem Solving, Teamwork and Collaboration.
Digital Technology Immersions
TMG offers technology immersions to industry and academia. These technology immersions provide an introduction to the core technologies of the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR). Delegates are initially introduced to the key concepts of the 4IR through classroom work. Thereafter they are immersed in the technology through practical demonstrations and project work.
Ambition is the first step towards
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
The workshops promote an innovation mindset amongst the youth through practical skills development.
In order to meet the objectives, the Tshimologong Makerspace (TMG) has designed a series of half-day or full-day workshops that foster interest in core 4IR technologies and support digital and industrial prototyping and fabrication.
- 3D design and printing
- Electronics and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Laser Cutting and CNC
- Robotics and automation
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Data Science
3D DESIGN AND PRINTING
ELECTRONICS AND INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT)
LASER CUTTING AND COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL (CNC)
ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
Tshimologong Makerspace also offers product development services to startups and companies that are looking to build products or solutions using Internet of Things, Electronics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Data Analytics, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality or Digital Fabrication (e.g. 3D Printing and laser cutting).
- Digital Fabrication services
- Support on prototyping and digital fabrication for incubation programme members.
- Technology Development (e.g. development of prototypes or MVPs)
- Innovation Events (e.g. Makertons, Hackathons, tech meetups)
- Production and project management services